Prof. Dr. Götz T. Wiese
is a lawyer, tax advisor and specialist in tax law. He advises in the areas of tax, corporate and inheritance law, with a special focus on:
- family businesses, corporate counseling, succession planning
- taxation of corporate groups and partnerships
- M&A, restructuring, joint ventures, financing
- structuring of cross-border transactions
- tax audits and tax litigation, including appeals to the Federal Fiscal Court
With more than 25 years of experience in structuring corporate groups and critical transactions, Prof. Wiese advises medium-sized companies, corporate groups and investors in the field of tax and corporate law.
Prior to WIESE LUKAS, Prof. Wiese was a partner at Latham & Watkins and head of the firm’s tax department in Germany from 2001 to 2016.
Götz T. Wiese is an honorary professor at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg and an executive board member of the Hamburger Forum für Unternehmensteuerrecht e.V.
Prof. Wiese is a member of the Hamburg Parliament since 2020.